Zoning & Planning
The Department of Zoning and Planning provides technical assistance to residents, elected officials, and businesses to help provide clarity and understanding of the Zoning Code of Ordinances and other documents that pertain to community development. Preservation and the promotion of a high quality of life for current and future residents is ensured through sound enforcement of the Zoning Code of Ordinances.
Key responsibilities of the Department include:
- Coordination of Village planning efforts.
- Providing recommendations to the Planning Commission.
- Supplying information to the Village's elected officials and the public.
- Facilitating interdepartmental cooperation and coordination of information related to planning and development in the Village.
- Enforcement of the Zoning Code of Ordinances.